Directions & Parking:
- Silverdale Waterfront Park, Silverdale WA Google Maps.
- From SR-3 take the NW Newberry Hill Road exit and turn east (down the hill) towards the water
- At the round-about take the 2nd exit onto Silverdale Way NW then turn right onto NW Byron Street
- Canoe trailers and official's boat trailers - turn right at McConnell Ave into the boat launch parking and rigging area.
- Additional street parking available - please do not double-park in the cul-de-sac (the cops get upset when we do!)
Schedule & Facts:
- 7:00 a.m. - Registration in the gazebo.
- 7:30 a.m. - Coach's & Steerer's Meeting near the gazebo.
- 8:00 a.m. - First OC-6 race.
- Race fees per event: $5.00 per adult paddler / $1 per paddler for 16 and under events.
- Insurance fee: $3.20 per paddler covers liability premium to race all day.
- The Hui Heihei Wa’a Sprint Regatta is sanctioned by PNW-ORCA and insured by Paddlesport Risk Management, LLC (PRM).
- Race rules and regulations are in accordance with PNW-ORCA and PRM.
- All paddlers must have signed waivers on file with PNW-ORCA releasing the host club and the association of liability.
- All paddlers or their guardians must also sign the PRM event waiver for that day. Extra forms will be available on site.
- Events may be combined wherever possible and appropriate to save time.
- All canoes must be equipped with life vests and whistles and weighed in accordance with PNW-ORCA rules.
- Each event will start approximately 5 minutes after the last canoe from the previous event reaches the beach.
- Awards for the top 3 clubs in both divisions will be presented at the end of the day (AA:20+ events; A:less than 20 events)
- Paddlers must wear adequate foot protection as the beach is tidal and rocky
- Cradles or tires to protect canoes are necessary
- Tides: High: 7:22 AM 9.74 ft; Low: 2:48 PM -0.75 ft; High: 10:08 PM 12.24 ft
- DO NOT use stakes to secure tents or canopies (due to underground sprinkler system).
Lodging & Entertainment:
- For questions, contact Pat Brown @ 360-620-0317 or Laurie Aardal @ 360-621-6136 or email us at email@example.com